THE PRINCIPAL'S MESSAGE:
The School aims to ensure that its students realize their highest highest academic and personal potential. It also aims to give them a firm foundation based upon the understanding of Indian culture, society and ideas. Though academic excellence is a priority, it is not the only focus. Our students are prepared for life.
They are groomed to face the challenges of tomorrow and to be socially relevant. The cutting edge of St Mary's is its high quality of education and service, development of character, spirit, intellect and personality. At St Mary's equal importance is given to extra/co – curricular activities, thus nurturing the complete personality of the student. Sports and games are encouraged; music, art, dance and drama classes are conducted with the support from qualified and competent and renowned teachers.
- St.Mary's was established in the year 1984 has completed 28 years of its historic journey in this temple city of Udupi.
- Late Rev. Fr. J.P Tauro is the founder Correspondent. Under the dynamic leadership and zeal of the founder and visionary, from 1984 – 1988 has made the Institution what is today.
- Rev. Fr. Peter Noronha from 1988 – 1995 the school grew from class V to X. He stressed on importance of extra – curricular activities.
- Late. Rev. Fr. Peter Theodore D'Souza from 1995 – 1997 was very particular on instilling good communication skills.
- Rev. Fr. Antony Serrao from 1997 – 2004 laid stress on togetherness, unity, discipline and hard work.
- Rev. Fr. Mathew Vas headed the instution from the year 2004 - 2011. The impact made and the influence yielded is immense and incalculable.
- Rev. Fr. Fredrick Mascarenhas took up its regins in June 2011.
St Mary's is located in the serene ambience of farm lands on the outskirts of Udupi, an ideal location for an educational institution, about a kilometer from National Highway 66 and also Kinnimulky. With its excellent educational infrastructure and innovative approach to education, St Mary's has created a name for itself not only in Udupi but even in the State
Our School Managing Committee:
St Mary's English School is a minority institution run by the Catholic Board of Education of the Diocese of Udupi and Mangalore, which is a registered body. It is a non-profitable Minority Christian Institution working for the welfare of the people of India. It is meant to impart quality education without distinction of caste or creed, as subject to the departmental rules . Click Here
GENESIS AND GROWTH:
The Mother of Sorrows Church of Udupi has a history of more than a century. The Church started a Kannada Medium Elementary School in the year 1940.In the year 1942 it was upgraded as a Higher Elementary School and in 1982 it became St Mary's High School. In the year 1984 the English Medium School was started by opening L. K. G and I Standard. In the year 1991 – 92 the English Medium High School was started. It became a full-fledged High School, recognized by the Government of Karnataka vide Order No: ED 674 SED 91 dated 22–07–1992.
- All-round development of students - intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual.
- Fostering critical thinking, creative ability and intellectual excellence.
- Formation of good Indian citizens, deeply loyal to God and the Country.
- Development of concern towards the poor and the weak.
- Solidarity as an Institution without caste or communal prejudices.
Boys - Primary : Prescribed cream and red checked shirt & Cream half pants
High School : Prescribed cream and red checked shirt & Cream full pants
Girls - Primary : Cream blouse and prescribed cream and red checked pinafore
High School : Cream blouse and Prescribed cream and red checked pinafore
School belt, Cream socks and black shoes.
Wednesday : Blue T-Shrit with school emblem and white pants/shorts/skirts
Saturday : White uniform with white shoes and socks. All the students must be in School Uniform on all working days.
Students have to come to school in uniform even when they come to attend special classes, Library/ Computer or other Programmes.
No student is allowed to wear any other coloured T-shirt or shorts while in school campus except on Birthday, Teacher's Day and Children's Day..
Prayer (Assembly) : 9:15 am to 9:30 am
Class Timings : 9:15 a.m to 4:00 p.m
Saturday : 9:15 to 12:15 noon
Students are not allowed to leave the School campus during School hours.
School Office Hours : Monday to Friday 8:45 a.m to 3:45 p.m .